Everyone has a story, and pilots are no exception!
- The honor of piloting the high-flying U-2 spy-plane alone,
- The rush of flying through the mountains at night with a crew of six in the B-52 bomber,
- The intensity of a slim margin, heavyweight takeoff in the Boeing 747,
- …..and of course, the unforgettable memories of instructing student pilots.
Memories like this will no doubt bring you fascinating (and sometimes true) stories.
Here you will find a mixed bag of personal tales, special invited guest bloggers, and a list of favorite resources; all aimed at sharing the dream of flight. Here are four ways for you to fly in formation.
- Learn… from the past, debate the present, and dream about the future.
- Lead… by sending in your favorite flying story.
- Link… from this site, to this site and other favorite aviation sites.
- Lurk… and just enjoy the blogs and banter.
WHO HAS TOUCHED THE SKY?
(for Rod McKuen’s “The Sky” advance to the 4:00 mark)
Lyrics for “Who Has Touched the Sky?”
Who has touched the sky….. who has seen the wind…. as it went running by…. none but the few…. the few who knew…. the night by its first name…. the color of the day.
Who has touched the sky…. who has seen the clouds…. as they went singing by…. none but the few…. the few who knew…. the sun by its first name…. the color of the moon.
There have been some who walked among us; some who warm us like the child’s smile; they touched the sky…. met it eye to eye…. just by loving one another…. for a little while.
Who has touched the sky…. who has seen the day…. as it went stumbling by…. none but the few…. the few who knew…. love by its first name…. the color of the heart. ………. Who has touched the sky ?